Pediatric oncology is an emerging field in Pakistan. There is an acute dearth of trained human resources particularly in nursing. We need nurses with knowledge of both general and oncology nursing. There is no such curriculum which covers oncology nursing for the level of specialized. The purpose of the one year diploma program in pediatric oncology is to develop specialized nursing work force having advance knowledge and skills in pediatric oncology.
For more information
T: + Ext.
Pediatric oncology is a subspecialty nursing field which requires a set of specialized knowledge and skills. Nurses are recognized as “front-line clinicians” who are critical for improving health-care access and success. Nursing education and staffing contribute to improved patient outcomes; including reduced mortality and morbidity. Keeping the need of nurses’ education in this specialized field in mind The Indus Hospital, Nursing Educational Department has been conducting a face to face training program for Nurses since 2009. Keeping the current situation and needs of the nurses in mind, the program has been shifted to a blended learning medium.
The objectives of this course are to make nurses more proficient in nursing care, skills and clinical management of Pediatric Cancer Patients.
- The course has been spread out over the period of 5 weeks
- Each week will comprise of a different module
- The online session will be from 1.5 to 2 hours per day
Reading material for reference will be provided to the participant through Moodle, once the participant have registered to this course
- An online assessment will be held at the end of each module
- Successful completion by 70% is required
- Each successful completion will be incentivized with a Certificate of Completion
- Online Participations and attendance are mandatory